How do I use bulk sending?
Bulk inviting means you create a single template then upload a list of people you’d like to invite.
Create a Template
In order to make use of the Bulk Invite feature, you must be inviting from a template. If you have not yet uploaded a document, do so before proceeding.
Make Sure Requirements Are Met
After you’ve created the template, there are a few other requirements that must be met before the Bulk Invite feature is accessible. They are as follows:
Requirement 1: Set Up Roles On Your Template
There must be at least one role created in your template.
- Open the template
- Click on any field from the Fields section
- When prompted, enter a name for the first role
- You can click on Add Signer if you ever have other signing roles (then click on Done)
- Insert your desired fields wherever you need them
- When finished, click the green Done button
Requirement 2: Ensure Only One Role Is Unassigned
If you have added more than one role, you must ensure that you either:
- Enter a fixed email address OR
- Click in the Sender checkbox (the person who logs in to invite becomes that role)
- Navigate to your template
- Hover over its name
- Click More — Edit Signing Order
- Enter a specific email address or click the checkbox for Sender for all but ONE role
- Click Save Settings
Requirement 3: Lock The Signing Order
If you have only entered a single role, then will automatically lock the signing order for you. If you have added more than one role, however, you MUST click on Save Settings (as shown above) to lock that signing order.
(Optional) In Preparation: Create A Sub-Folder in The Archive
In Step 4 below you will choose a sub-folder within your Archive folder in which to store documents from the Bulk Invite. It can not be created at that time so if necessary please do so before beginning the Bulk Invite process.
- Click on Archive in the left sidebar
- Click on New Folder
- Give your new folder a name when prompted
You’re Ready To Send The Bulk Invitation
Bulk Invite Step 1: More — Bulk Invite
Navigate to your Templates folder, hover over the appropriate template and click on the More button on the far-right. Then select Bulk Invite to begin the process.
Bulk Invite Step 2: Enter Recipients (CSV Upload or Manually)
You can either upload a CSV (comma separated values) file that contains a column with all of the email addresses or enter them manually into the empty box.
You can also copy a list of email addresses there, and the following should all work:
- Space between email addresses
- Pressing the tab key between email addresses
- Typing a comma between
- Typing a semi-colon between
Bulk Invite Step 3: Choose Document Name
The name you choose here will be prepended to the signer’s email address to create the document name. So if you invite email@example.com to sign (and they are the first in the list), and enter BillOfSale the document name will become BillOfSale_0_t.sawyer. NOTE: The number increases with every additional invited signer.
Bulk Invite Step 4: Select Destination Folder
Pick a folder that exists in your Archive folder, to store all of the signed documents. Ideally, you would select a folder that is unique to this set of invites so you can more easily view/track those documents. Creating a folder called “Bulk” in your Archive folder and choosing it every time will lead to an abundance of different documents in there, for example.
Bulk Invite Step 5: Click On Send Now
When you click on Send Now the invites immediately go out. We do not currently provide the option to customize the message or subject, so please be aware that clicking Send Now is the final step.
Viewing/Tracking Documents From Bulk Invite
1. You can navigate to the sub-folder that was created within your archive and see the status of each of your documents (document name, who was invited and whether they have signed)
2. You can click on the same More button that you used to access Bulk Invite and instead select View Documents. This allows you to see all of the documents that have been produced from that specific template.
3. There is an optional CSV that you can download that contains the following information for each document: document ID, document name, date created, date updated, invitee.